New Readers Press
New Back-to-School Selections from New Readers Press
Elementary and high school students aren’t the only ones heading back to school this fall. Adults learning to read, write, do basic math, and use computers are also gearing up for the new school year, and adult basic education and literacy programs across the nation are opening their doors to them.
To serve these programs and adult learners, New Readers Press, ProLiteracy’s publishing division, announces its new fall products. With more than 500 New Readers Press titles, thousands of adult learners will gain access to resources and instruction on topics ranging from workplace preparation to personal finance management.
Some of the new titles and editions for the fall include:
- Breakthrough to Math, a straightforward instruction book featuring real-life math applications with explanations, examples, and practice problems.
- A mobile app for News for You, ProLiteracy’s easy-to-read news source for English language learners and adult basic literacy students. The app shares the same features as newsforyouonline.com, including audio, interactive exercises, vocabulary, and more.
- What’s Next?, a multilevel phonics approach for English-as-a-second-language students with easy-to-read stories, phonics lessons, and free digital files for listening.
- The Basic Oxford Picture Literacy Dictionary Program, a supplemental oral and aural resource that allows adults to practice new vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Out and About in the World of Computers, a basic guidebook on how to use computers, including word processing, the Internet, and email.
- GED ® Practice & Pass (due in October), a self-paced, computer-based resource with hundreds of GED-type questions in each subject area and full-length timed practice tests and a learning management system so teachers can measure progress on student work.
- Easy Money, a guide to teach students the basics about personal financial management.
New Readers Press is also carrying a series of low-level readers, which feature adult-focused plots, with the goal of instilling a habit of reading for pleasure among new adult readers.
For more information, visit the New Readers Press website.