ProLiteracy, a leader in innovative adult learning for more than 50 years, announced that its publishing division, New Readers Press, has developed high school equivalency test preparation materials aligned with the new HiSET® exam, administered by ETS and adopted to date by 11 states.
“New Readers Press is at the forefront of creating new and test-specific materials for all high school equivalencies, including the GED test, HiSET,and TASC” says Sue Willey, director of sales and operations. “Our test preparation materials are designed to assist tutors and teachers in each state prepare their students to pass their high school equivalency test.”
Scoreboost for the HiSET™
The bestselling Scoreboost series has been adapted for the HiSET and features:
- Three math books cover lessons on answering a variety of items, including probabilities, coordinate grids, and set-up problems
- Thinking skills lessons include determining the roles of values and beliefs in differentiating fact from opinion and speculation
- The writing books cover topics essential to student success on the written response, such as choosing the best topic sentence and organizing key ideas
Scoreboost for the HiSET™features:
- 11-16 targeted strategies per book
- 48-page consumable workbooks
- 2-page lessons
- Sample HiSet questions model the thinking process
- Hundreds of HiSet questions provide essential practice
- Answers, explanations, self-evaluation and study charts all help give students the feedback they need to pass.
The books are sold in packs of 10, or a seven-pack sampler with one of each workbook.
Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Tennessee, and Wyoming are the states that to date have committed to administering the HiSET. Some states have adopted the TASC, administered by CTB/McGraw-Hill and some have adopted the new GED test, administered by the GED Testing Service/Pearson VUE.
To preorder any HSE products or to find out more information, visit the ProLiteracy (www.proliteracy.com) or New Readers Press (www.newreaderspress.com) websites, or contactCustomer Service by phone at 800-448-8878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.