ProLiteracy, a leader in innovative adult learning for more than 50 years, announced that its publishing division, New Readers Press, has developed high school equivalency test preparation materials aligned with the new Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), administered by CBT McGraw-Hill and adopted to date by six states.
“New Readers Press is at the forefront of creating new and test-specific materials for all high school equivalencies, including the GED test, TASC, and HiSET,” says Sue Willey, director of sales and operations. “Our test preparation materials are designed to assist tutors and teachers in each state prepare their students to pass their high school equivalency test.”
Scoreboost for the TASC™
The bestselling Scoreboost series has been adapted for the TASC and features:
- 11-16 targeted strategies per book
- 48-page consumable workbooks
- 2-page lessons
- Sample TASC questions that model the thinking process
- Hundreds of TASC questions provide essential practice
- Answers, explanations, self-evaluation, and study charts all help give students the feedback they need to pass.
Scoreboost for the TASC also includes:
- Four math books that cover fundamental concepts through algebra skills
- Math lessons that include gridded responses
- Language arts lessons that include analyzing arguments and responding to text-based writing prompts
- Thinking skills lessons that include working with graphic stimuli and primary source documents
The books are sold in packs of 10, or an eight-pack sampler with one of each workbook.
Indiana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, West Virginia, and Wyoming are the states that to date have committed to administering the TASC. Some states have adopted the HiSET, administered by ETS and some have adopted the new GED test, administered by the GED Testing Service/Pearson VUE.
To preorder any HSE products or to find out more information, visit the ProLiteracy or New Readers Press websites, or contactCustomer Service by phone at 800-448-8878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.