Operations Supervisor – Inventory/Warehouse
The operations supervisor will lead all day-to-day operations related to order management, inventory, and warehouse processes and systems; drive continuous improvement through coaching and training; and achieve goals for safety, quality, and efficiency.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor – Inventory/Warehouse
Division: New Readers Press
New Readers Press, the publishing division of ProLiteracy Worldwide, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing quality educational materials to adult literacy programs and individuals across the globe. We are seeking an operations supervisor to lead order management, inventory control, and warehouse operations as we transform into a full-solution provider of both print and subscription-based curriculum materials to serve today’s adult learners. If you have an open mind for new ideas and can inspire others, you might be a great fit for our growing organization!
• Evaluate, manage, and troubleshoot ERP system and operational processes; optimize for growth and efficiency
• Implement best practices for inventory control; ensure integrity and accuracy of inventory
• Prepare and distribute various reports needed on daily, monthly, or quarterly basis
• Supervise 2-3 direct reports; drive excellence and motivation through positive, consistent, and fair feedback and coaching
• Become knowledgeable and fully engaged in warehouse operations on floor to successfully manage resources and scheduling
• Enforce all company and regulatory safety policies, rules, and laws
• Collaborate across teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction
• Manage vendor relationships
• Manage department budget and expenditures
• High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in operations, supply chain, logistics, inventory control, or related field
• Supervisory experience desired or proven ability to lead and motivate team members
• Experience with ERP or related systems essential with ability to evaluate systems against organizational needs
• Strong communication, leadership, and analytical skills
• Ability to investigate problems, propose solutions, multi-task, and manage time efficiently
• Ability to lift/carry items less than 40lbs
• Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life AD&D & LTD
• Flexible Spending Account
• 403b with matching
Location: Syracuse, New York
About New Readers Press:
New Readers Press, the publishing division of ProLiteracy, is an industry leader in developing and distributing educational materials for adult basic skills and high school equivalency preparation.
ProLiteracy Worldwide is an educational organization that champions the power of literacy through its programs and publications, training and professional development services, research, and advocacy. ProLiteracy works together with members, partners and the adult learners they serve, and with local, national, and international organizations that have common missions, goals and objectives. The Organization is instrumental in building the capacity and quality of programs teaching adults to read, write, compute, use technology, and to learn English as a new language.
Message sent successfully...