ProLiteracy, a national nonprofit organization based in Syracuse, NY, seeks a Project Manager (PM). The mission of ProLiteracy is to develop and promote adult literacy learning, content, programs and advocacy to help adult learners. The PM position is responsible for the overall project planning, execution, and implementation of project and work products related to the grant-funded projects that support the ProLiteracy mission. The position will require work related to grant management and administrative duties, interim reporting for both the grantor and ProLiteracy, budget oversight and accounting, and related duties. The PM is a full time position devoted to project and grant management for the ProLiteracy programs division.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct assigned projects to achieve goals/outcomes, meet deadlines, and produce deliverables.
- Develop, communicate, and monitor grant-related work-plans and timelines.
- Develop and submit data analysis and report requests to support measurement of ProLiteracy metrics and other grant-related objectives.
- With oversight, synthesize grant-related data and metrics for internal and external presentations.
- Plan and manage regular meetings associated with grant deliverables, challenges, or successes. Maintain meeting minutes and project decisions, action items timelines, and issues/risks logs.
- Effectively interface with grant sponsors and stakeholders to achieve mutually agreeable deliverables, timeframes, resources, and outcomes. Manage relationships with grantors as needed to ensure successful outcomes,
- Provide coordination, consultation, and technical assistance to ProLiteracy’s Programs division staff as assigned by Senior Project Manager or Director ofPrograms.
- Prepare and conduct face-to-face and multi-media presentations to share information related to assigned projects with ProLiteracy staff and the literacy field.
- Develop and implement evaluation plans to measure success of assigned projects.
- Write all reports required by the funder(s) and ensure that the project is in compliance with funder requirements for tracking of time, expenses, etc.
- Represent ProLiteracy at national, regional, and state literacy events as assigned by Senior Project Manager or Director of Programs.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrate initiative and leadership to ensure all grant deliverables are high quality and timely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multi-year, grant-funded projects.
- A minimum of three to five years experience working in the adult literacy field or related field at a local, regional, or national level.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment and/or team-based activities such as proposal development, training, and materials development.
- Experience in designing and implementing capacity-building activities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across departments/divisions to develop and implement new ideas.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize data in order to formulate and communicate key findings and recommendations for improvement.
- High level of initiative and ownership to ensure the project is successfully implemented and managed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience.
- Ability to do moderate travel.
Reports to Senior Project Manager