ProLiteracy Worldwide is an educational organization that champions the power of literacy through its programs and publications, training and professional development services, research, and advocacy. ProLiteracy works together with members, partners and the adult learners they serve, and with local, national, and international organizations that have common missions, goals and objectives. The Organization is instrumental in building the capacity and quality of programs teaching adults to read, write, compute, use technology, and to learn English as a new language.
The Accounts Receivable & Payable Clerk will process all day-to-day payables and receivables. This position will follow and enforce the policies and procedures set forth from the finance department.
· Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
· Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data
· Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis
· Perform data entry associated with accounts receivable & payable
· File and maintain A/P and A/R records
· Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Sage 100: 1 years’ experience preferred
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in accounts payable
· Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk or accounts receivable clerk
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
· Data entry skills
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
· 403b with matching
Location: Syracuse, New York
Working Days: Monday thru Friday
Hours per Week: 17.5, Part-time
About New Readers Press:
New Readers Press, the publishing division of ProLiteracy, is an industry leader in developing and distributing educational materials for adult basic skills and high school equivalency preparation.
ProLiteracy is an equal opportunity employer.