New Readers Press, the publishing division of ProLiteracy Worldwide, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing quality educational materials to adult literacy programs and individuals across the globe. We are seeking a Customer Service Manager to lead all aspects of customer satisfaction and care as we transform into a full-solution provider of both print and digital curriculum materials to serve today’s adult learners. If you have an open mind for new ideas and a passion for delivering high quality customer service, you might be a great fit for our growing organization!
The customer service manager will lead and motivate a strong team of customer service associates to deliver high quality service and build customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
What you will do in this role:
· Oversee day-to-day operations in the customer service department
· Develop and implement customer service standards, policies, and procedures
· Support customer service and sales teams with quotes and orders during peak times
· Collaborate across teams to troubleshoot and resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
· Maintain accurate records of customer service activities
· Recruit, mentor, and develop customer service representatives
· Manage the approved budget of the customer service department
· Infuse a culture of innovation and efficiency into role, department, and organization
What we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 5+ years’ experience in a customer service leadership position
· Ability to lead, motivate, and develop customer service team
· Proficiency in order entry software and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
· Ability to develop and implement customer service policies and procedures
· Excellent communication, analytical, and customer service skills
· Innovative, self-starter with an excellent work ethic and can-do attitude
· Organized with a strong attention to detail
Location: Syracuse, New York
About ProLiteracy and New Readers Press:
ProLiteracy Worldwide changes lives through the power of adult literacy, providing advocacy, professional development, programming, and educational materials to adult literacy programs in the U.S. and 20 developing countries. New Readers Press, the publishing division of ProLiteracy, is an industry leader in developing and distributing educational materials for adult basic skills and high school equivalency preparation.