The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and implementation of the organization’s strategic mission as determined by the Board; supervises staff, contractors, and volunteers; and manages the daily operations of a multi-faceted not-for- profit organization that provides adult basic education and English language instruction to adult students via one-to-one volunteer/student tutoring, and small-group classroom instruction.
Master’s degree preferred in nonprofit management, public administration, business, adult education or related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience. Minimum of 3-5 years of professional nonprofit management experience with demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising, annual giving and donor cultivation, or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience.
• Proven executive management and leadership expertise, with strong business, legal, and financial acumen
• Familiarity with the field of adult education
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff
• Ability to procure, write, and manage grants
• Ability to comply with reporting standards for tracking, documenting and verifying program outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to form and sustain partnerships with community stakeholders
• Experience with project management, operations management, resource development, organizational change and growth
• Demonstrated experience planning and managing successful fundraising events.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to speak persuasively in front of large and small groups
• Superior, professional, and versatile writing, presentation, and communication skills
• Ability to work independently with willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel as needed
• Ability to interact positively and cultivate working relationships with donors
• Ability to construct, articulate, and implement an annual strategic fundraising plan
The successful candidate will be strategic, driven, trustworthy and accountable, possessing the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
• Passionate about organization’s mission
• Creative and entrepreneurial
• Compassionate and empathetic
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: SearchCommittee@LiteracyCNY.org Consideration of candidates will begin February 1, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.
LiteracyCNY is committed to equity and inclusion in all aspects of hiring and employment.