In 2017 Pearson, founding partner of Project Literacy, joined forces with ProLiteracy to develop Workforce Atlas, an online career pathways platform that assesses adults’ literacy, numeracy, workplace skills, and interests. Once users complete literacy, numeracy, and interest assessments they are directed to recommended occupations, online resources, and local providers that can help them achieve their professional, academic, and personal aspirations. Workforce Atlas offers a multitude of different career options that are personalized to users to increase overall effectiveness during the job search.
Workforce Atlas provides information about the job description, duties, skills, education level, and reading and math requirements needed to succeed in your career of interest. A preview of the information offered on Workforce Atlas about crane and tower operators is highlighted below:
This Workforce Atlas Job Spotlight features crane and tower operators.
Workers use cranes to lift and move heavy objects.
Things You Would Do In This Job
- Check and adjust cranes and lifting equipment. Prevent problems and damage.
- Check cables and equipment for wear. Set up or replace cables, as needed.
- Use controls, foot pedals, and dials to run moving equipment. Use equipment to lift, move, or place loads.
Skills You Will Need for This Occupation
- Critical thinking and solving hard problems
- Equipment upkeep and repairing
- Reading and writing
Percentage of People Who Work in This Occupation:
Did not finish high school:
High School Diploma or Equivalency Degree:
Post-High School Certificate: