Workforce Atlas is an online career pathways platform that acts as a tool to connect users to a personalized list of career options based on targeted assessments. Workforce Atlas provides information about the job description, duties, skills, education level, and reading and math requirements needed to succeed in your career of interest. A preview of the information offered on Workforce Atlas about floral designers is highlighted below:
This Workforce Atlas Job Spotlight features floral designers.
Artificial Foliage Arranger, Corsage Maker, Design Maker, Design Manager, Designer, Floral Arranger, Floral Artist, Floral Clerk, Floral Decorator, Floral Department Specialist, Floral Designer, Floral Designer Salesperson, Floral Manager, Floral Specialist, Florist, Florist Designer, Florist's Decorator, Flower Arranger, Flower Shop Laborer/Designer, Spray Maker, Wedding Decorator, Wedding Florist.
Florists work with flowers and plants. They design bouquets of flowers for sale. They cut and arrange live, dried, or fake flowers and plants.
Things you would do in this job:
- Choose a variety flowers and plants to put together for display. Come up with different mixes and ways to arrange them.
- Keep records and do office tasks. Help customers, answer phones, make sales, and take payments.
- Cut, clean, and water flowers and plants and prepare them for storage.
Skills you will need for this occupation:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Equipment upkeep and repairing
- Reading and writing
Percentage of people who work in this occupation:
Did not finish high school:
High school diploma or equivalent:
Post-high school certificate:
To view reading, writing, and math skills needed for this occupation, please visit https://workforceatlas.org/.