COVID-19 has created uncertainty surrounding employment and the workforce. Many people are left without jobs, looking for any work they can. During this time of isolation, it is important to maintain your skills and seize the opportunity to enhance them.
ProLiteracy’s Education Network offers the Pitney Bowes Workforce Development Collection, which includes four free courses to help begin a successful career: Setting Career Goals, Tailoring Your Resume, Acing the Interview, and Communicating at Work.
Setting Career Goals:
During this course, students take assessments, develop career goals, and download worksheets and tip sheets.
- Identify important factors when choosing a career
- Differentiate between short- and long-term goals
Tailoring Your Resume:
During this course, students see examples of good resumes and cover letters, download worksheets and tip sheets, and have a chance to write a resume.
- Customize a resume for specific job postings
- Use keywords for an Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Write a professional summary
Acing the Interview:
During this course, students see demonstrations of good interview techniques, practice interview skills, and download worksheets and tip sheets.
- Research companies to apply for jobs
- Practice responses to common interview questions
- Prepare for phone, Skype, and in-person interviews, and for job fairs
Communicating at Work:
During this course, students see demonstrations, practice communication techniques, and download worksheets and tip sheets.
- Use active listening strategies
- Identify communication roadblocks
- Communicate effectively in speech and writing
Create an Education Network account and learn more about free courses offered through the Pitney Bowes Workforce Development Collection at proliteracyednet.org/workforce.