Preconference sessions will be held September 19, 2021 from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Digital Navigation: Why and How
Join us for this fun and interactive preconference session that will increase your knowledge of digital equity and introduce a variety of proven digital navigation models. We will delve into ideas for implementing a digital navigation program and best practices for training digital navigators. Based on our experience providing digital navigation in a variety of scenarios, we will look at best practices and recommend a menu of options to help any program get started with digital navigation.
This presentation will be a combination of lecture, small group discussion, and opportunities for planning next steps.
No expertise is required, just a desire to help close the digital divide.
- Theresa Sladek, National Partnerships and Northstar Business Development Specialist, Literacy Minnesota
- Rob Podlasek, Training Director, Literacy Minnesota
- Eric Nesheim, Executor Director, Literacy Minnesota
Advocating for Adult Education and Literacy Funding
Using ProLiteracy’s new Advocacy Toolkit for Adult Education and Literacy, participants will learn how to use PIAAC state and county data to advocate for public and private funding support at all levels. Participants with varying levels of experience in advocacy will benefit from this session. Emphasis will be on advocating for funding in your state. In addition, we will discuss “remote advocacy,” to help participants capitalize on advocating for adult education and literacy in an ever-changing virtual society.
- Michele Diecuch, Senior Director of Programs, ProLiteracy
- David J. Rosen, President, Newsome Associates, ProLiteracy Board Member