Participate in an English Forward Institute
Literacy Coalition of Central Texas is reaching out to programs nationwide looking for the best recruits from your organization to be future English Forward Trainers! Once identified, up to three recruits per organization will be invited to attend a three-day English Forward Training Institute. The first Institute will be in Austin, Texas, from July 27-29. The second Institute will be in Chicago, Illinois, from August 31-September 2.
Thanks to the support of The Dollar General Literacy Foundation, the English Forward training system is very affordable. Dollar General is covering 95 percent of the cost, meaning your costs will be:
- $500 licensing fee (includes Trainer’s Manuals, instructor training, Training-of-Trainers, and access to the Literacy Forward Web Portal for all Institute participants)
- Round-trip travel to either Austin, Texas, or Chicago, Illinois (Note: Travel stipends of $200 will be available for each participant. More information will be provided closer to the training dates.)
- Meals (Note: Snacks and lunch will be provided.)
- Additional instructor portal accounts (10 accounts for $250; 25 accounts for $550; 50 accounts for $1,000; and 100 accounts for $1,500)
You will receive:
- Curriculum, training manuals, webinars
- Access to the Literacy Forward Portal, English Forward’s interactive site with curriculum, additional classroom materials, tips and best practices from English Forward instructors, and more
- Continued support as English Forward is rolled out in your community
You can download an informational brochure, a curriculum table of contents, and a sample lesson unit for you to peruse.
Additional information about English Forward:
- English Forward is a program of the Literacy Coalition of Central Texas.
- It is in the fourth year of funding from The Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
- English Forward has been successfully piloted, proven, and replicated in 13 states nationally, with more communities ready to embrace the model.
- English Forward has been hailed by ProLiteracy as “the nation’s first comprehensive, research-based training system for adult basic literacy and English language instruction.”
- The training and curriculum were created with Dr. Heide Spruck Wrigley of Literacy Work International. Dr. Wrigley has worked with the Department of Education, and is an international leader in the field of adult literacy.
Last, here is a link to the preview of The Literacy Forward Web Portal, where you can catch a glimpse of all the resources that English Forward offers.
If you are interested in participating, or if you have any questions, contact Helen Priest at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-326-8655 x.102.