What types of programs does the Mobile Learning Fund support?
The Institute makes grants to adult literacy and basic education programs with digital education materials to help teach adults to read.
What types of instructional materials are available through the Mobile Learning Fund?
New Readers Press, ProLiteracy’s publishing division, applicants are able to apply for licenses for the following products:
- New Readers Press Online Learning – a high school equivalency (HSE) test preparation tool
- Learning Upgrade – an app proven to teach English, HSE, math and basic skills faster than traditional methods (also the Grand Prize winner of the Adult Literacy XPRIZE)
- Voxy – a digital solution that teaches English to new learners
- Leamos – an online program that teaches basic Spanish reading and writing to native Spanish speakers
- News for You Online – a digital news source with easy-to-read stories that help learners read, write, speak, and understand English.
What is the deadline to submit an application for the Mobile Learning Fund?
The fund runs on a rolling basis. Therefore, programs can apply for licenses at any time throughout the year.
How long will it take to receive a response once I’ve submitted my Mobile Learning Fund application?
Applicants will be notified electronically within one month of applying.
Who do I contact if I want to talk to someone to learn more about the products?
We encourage you to reach out to your New Readers Press sales rep to help answer any questions you may have. You can find your representative using this link: https://www.newreaderspress.com/find-a-sales-rep
Is there a recording of the webinar?
Yes! You can watch the
Mobile Learning Fund webinar from Fall of 2019 to learn more.
Who do I contact with questions about the application process and criteria?
Please contact Christina Mills, the fund administrator, at