Effective Date: 4/1/2015
Last Modified: 4/1/2015
ProLiteracy Worldwide (“ProLiteracy,” “Company,” “our,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy. This Policy applies to and describes the types of information we may collect from you, both online and offline, or that you may provide when you donate to us through our website located at www.proliteracy.org/donate (the “Website”). This also applies to any other ways to give referenced on our website.
We do ask for personal information on our online donation pages so that we can properly process the transaction. This includes sending you an acknowledgement of your donation for tax purposes. It also helps us prevent fraudulent donations. If you give a gift to ProLiteracy, your name and address will be placed on our mailing list for occasional mail updates unless you ask us not to send you communications (see below). Additionally, we may provide your non-personally identifiable information to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses, unless you ask that we not share such information (see below). If you are making a donation in honor of or in memory of someone, we will not use their personal information for any purpose other than sending the acknowledgement card.
Except as otherwise provided above, ProLiteracy’s use of your personal information shall be limited as follows:
- We will not sell, trade or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will not share your payment information unless given permission to do so.
- We occasionally publicly recognize donors at events, in publications, or other communication. Your name (individual donor) or business name (corporation) will be the only thing disclosed. You may opt-out.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud.
- We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen. You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Director of Development, 104 Marcellus Street, Syracuse, NY 13204.
ProLiteracy will not use a donor’s name without written permission. The exception is ProLiteracy’s annual report. However, you can request anonymous status for your records to ensure that your information will be withheld from this publication. Contact us at email@example.com and ask to have your name be anonymous.
To opt-out of having your information stored, shared with other parties or receiving communication, please contact us in writing at Director of Development, 104 Marcellus Street, Syracuse, NY 13204, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or indicate so on online forms.
Security and Disclaimer
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information under our control from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password(s) for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password(s) confidential. We ask you not to share your password(s) with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in any public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, no computer system nor the transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. Although we have implemented commercially reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information that we collect and store, no data security safeguards are foolproof and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your privacy is very important to us. We rely on the good will and generosity of our supporters and want to make sure that your experience with ProLiteracy is as positive as possible. If you have concerns about your privacy with ProLiteracy, please contact us at:
104 Marcellus Street
Syracuse, NY 13204