YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
As a ProLiteracy advocate you can help strengthen our voice to create awareness of adult literacy challenges, influence public policy, and create needed change.
Become a dedicated change-maker for adult literacy
You can make a big difference in
just a few minutes. That's all it takes to contact your elected officials and urge them to take action on behalf of adult learners around the nation. The actions of our government have an enormous impact on the lives of you and your family, and we hope you'll use this site to learn about things that matter to you.
When you receive action alerts from us, please send an email to your elected officials to urge them to take action on behalf of adult literacy and basic education programs and learners.
Find your elected official
PROLITERACY IS COMMITTED TO CREATING AWARENESS FOR ADULT LITERACY
- We provide an advocacy toolkit to all 1,000 ProLiteracy members
- We send out action alerts on legislative to our network on timely votes/issues/policy
- We conduct research on the economic impact of low literacy adults
- We place ads, articles, and videos in national media
- We created a Public Policy and Advocacy Committee comprised of local program staff and national literacy leaders
- We participate on the National Coalition for Literacy
Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies
The Survey of Adult Skills (PIAAC) is an international survey conducted in 40 countries that measures the key cognitive and workplace skills needed for individuals to participate in society and for economies to prosper. PIAAC is designed to assess adults in different countries over a broad range of abilities, from simple reading to complex problem solving skills.