ProLiteracy advocates nationally for adult literacy initiatives on behalf of our member network. We provide a strong collective voice to increase awareness of adult literacy challenges, influence public policy, and create needed change.
Advocacy Toolkit for Adult Education and Literacy
This NEW Advocacy Toolkit from ProLiteracy describes how adult education and literacy (AEL) programs can use the latest skills data, program activity and success, and student impact stories to advocate with stakeholders at state and local levels, including:
- State legislators
- County/district legislators
- Individual donors
- Corporations and corporate foundations
- Charitable foundations
What's in the toolkit?
- Effective Advocacy Using PIAAC State and County Synthetic Data
- Developing Effective Messaging and the Ask
- Advocating with State and Local Legislators
- How to Advocate with Donors, Foundations, and Corporations
- Emphasis on state and county advocacy
- Focus on using PIAAC state and county synthetic estimates released in 2020
- Guides usage of valuable tools–PIAAC Skills Map, ProLiteracy Adult Literacy Impact Template, and Barbara Bush Foundation Literacy Gap Map–for advocacy
- Special target on advocating virtually when in-person advocacy is not possible during the pandemic
The Advocacy Toolkit for Adult Education and Literacy was designed for anyone who wishes to advocate–from someone who is new to advocacy to more experienced AEL program directors to state and citywide associations or coalitions. Download the Advocacy Toolkit for Adult Education and Litercy.
Download the Toolkit